Thursday, October 17, 2013

WARNING:Passionate Reader Post!

I am in love with reading! I always have been, it is just like traveling to a whole new world. You can experience so much in books! It is amazing. Especially now I feel like reading is such a great escape, you can just sit down and not think about your problems for awhile and get caught up in someone's else's life. I don't know how people can even say they don't like reading! What's not to like? I think something might be wrong with those people but maybe its just me. Maybe I'm just a weird reading geek because it is definitely not the cool thing to do but oh well, who am I trying to impress anyway, I don't have any friends, no worries!  I recently found some awesome quotes from people that know exactly how I feel!

"That moment when you finish a book, look around an realize that everyone is just carrying on with their lives... as though you didn't just experience emotional trauma at the hands of a paperback." -Unknown

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." -Charles W. Elliot

"What an astonishing thing a book is. It's a flat object made from a tree with flexible parts on which are imprinted lots of funny dark squiggles. But one glance at it and your inside the mind of another person, maybe somebody dead for thousands of years. Across the millennia, an author is speaking clearly and silently inside your head, directly to you. Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together people who never knew each other, citizens of distant epochs. Books break the shackles of time. A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic." -Carl Sagan

"Words cannot do justice to the pleasures of a good bookshop. Ironically." -Unknown

"Sometimes you read a book so special you want to carry it around for months after you've finished just to stay near it." -Markus Zusak

"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are."-Unknown

"If you think reading is boring, you're doing it wrong." -Unknown


Anyway I thought I would list my top ten books just for fun or something. 
  1. Harry Potter- (all of them) obviously! I think these books might be the reason I started to love reading! My whole family was obsessed with them and it caught on quickly, these are awesome books.
  2. Heaven is Here- This book is so inspirational! I loved reading it, it made me laugh and cry. I recently reread it and it was definitely helpful. I love her, I wish I could have her strength.
  3. The Hunger Games- This book was just an intriguing read! I think I read it in less than 6 hours. :D
  4. Fahrenheit 451- This one was just so interesting! I loved it. It made you think too...
  5. Enders Game- Just a fun read.
  6. The Diary of a Young Girl- Also a very inspiring and interesting book.
  7. Divergent- I obviously like dystopian books..... yep
  8. The Princess Bride- I saw the movie first and then decided I had to read the book and it was not disappointing, it was very good actually.
  9. The Time Travelers Wife
  10. My Sister's Keeper- Made me cry! Way better than the movie.
Anyway that is the end of my nerdy post on my love of books and reading. I think this was brought on by the fact that I am going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow! I am so excited, that is one thing, they really did not have good bookstores in Germany. I am also going to see if they have any job openings because I need a job and it would be a dream to work there, cross your fingers.....




2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed! So do you know what you would be doing there for the job? Don't they have a really good cafe there with yummy bread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I don't know if they have an opening even, so I have to find that out first. :) I didn't know there was a cafe there?

    ReplyDelete