This felt fitting for the first post of 2 0 1 5!! Happy New Year! Yes this is the time for New Years resolutions it is true, however I feel like that never truly works out very well. We all start off January with motivation and energy to achieve our goals but really is anyone on track still by February? Probably not. So I thought instead of super specific crazy goals for the year that will likely not happen I am going to make a more broad short list of things I would like to do this year.
- Be more confident
- Try to be less afraid of saying yes to new things...
- Then actually say yes to new things
- Make a realistic life plan (don't quite have that right now)
- Have fun
- Go somewhere I've never been before
- Be better about calling and talking to my wonderful family more, especially the Kenningtons, I miss them so much :'(
- Do something to better myself as a human being
- Do something to become more healthy and fit
There you go! Theres my sorta kinda new years resolutions.
I just had the realization a few minutes ago that 2014 was the only year that I never stepped foot in Germany, so thats a kind of sad thought. Also a very weird thought. I guess I'm not cool and foreign anymore huh? sadness.
Anyway. So along with the New Year it is a new semester! I'm not sure how I feel about that because I honestly loved all of my classes last semester (except math of course) and this semester I just feel like all my classes are just classes that I'm required to take yet have no interest in, let me just say, I hate generals, why can't we just agree that high school had enough general knowledge to round everyone out as humans and not add it to college. I am taking a yoga class which I really really REALLY suck at as I have no flexibility at all but hopefully I will get better? If anything, I do really enjoy the last 10 minutes of class when we just do the corpse pose (laying on the floor) and breathe and then sit up and say "Namaste" in unison (btw I didn't know that was actually a yoga thing I thought it was just a granola hippie thing but I guess so is yoga so it works). The only other class I semi-like is Social Problems which is like basically just arguing about problems in our society, now I'm not a great debate person so I never say anything but it is interesting to listen to everyone's take on things, except there is this one kid who has to talk every 2.5 seconds and it gets pretty annoying, not to mention he has the weirdest voice I've ever heard. So I guess overall the beginning of the semester has been good. I also have two new roommates, one is really nice and the other one....well lets just say I've only seen her once in passing and other than that I've just heard a LOT of.....interesting rumors about her. I am just ever so thankful I have a private room, as an extremely introverted person I really NEED to be alone sometimes. I don't know how I would deal if I was sharing a room.
Just finished a real page turning book, Gone Girl, holy intenseness there was such a plot twist in there that you just cannot stop reading it. Also Unbroken was an amazing book, so heartbreaking though, I honestly cannot imagine going through the horrors of something like that, I think I would just give up. Also cannot stop listening to the Into the Woods soundtrack I now know every single word that they sing in that movie, I think by the time I actually see the movie again I will hate the songs from overplaying them.
Oh dear I haven't even talked about the amazing NYC trip yet? hmm I think that will have to have its own post so stay tuned. Anyway it's almost midnight so it's time to be on netflix, I mean those Friends episodes will not watch themselves! Don't worry I don't have to get up until 11 tomorrow. :) Thanks for reading my ramblings if you did.
-XOXO-

Anne! I agree you need to talk to me more. Please tell me times that you are home and we can call! I love your list. I have a suggestion for your last goal. I think Kari told me you tried it before, but do you want to do meltdown challenge with me? It is the second time I have done it. I really like it. Even if you just get into the habit of drinking enough water it helps so much. It will be so fun! Please do it with me! I am on Kari's team again. I think it officially starts on the 12th. I love you so so so much. You are doing great things already. Let's talk soon.
ReplyDelete