Wednesday, March 4, 2015

148 days....

So many feels at the moment. I have been blog stalking people who have been to China with ILP for the past three hours. Now I feel so scared, anxious, excited, ecstatic, terrified, inadequate, overjoyed and probably every other emotion in the world. Wow. I just realized that this is going to be so hard. Like extremely hard. I mean I know that just because you are traveling it doesn't mean life is perfect but whew after reading all these blogs about people who did the same exact thing I am about to do in approximately 148 days, its just overwhelming. I'm scared about teaching! What if I'm a terrible terrible teacher? eek. I mean I know that after I get there and get the hang of teaching it will most likely be fine but just thinking about the first day of walking into a classroom of cute kids who don't know what you are saying half the time just absolutely terrifies me! I hope I can be a good teacher. And then the vacations don't sound like dream life either. From what all these bloggers said vacations are 50% awful awful traveling to get somewhere, 10% gross bathrooms and hostels and then 40% absolutely-utterly-trip-of-a-lifetime-wouldn't-want-to-miss-it. So there's that. Also China seems to incclude TONS of hiking. So I guess I will need to invest in some good shoes or something (cough cough, please mom?). Another thing is that apparently there are a LOT of mosquito's, so much so that you have to sleep in mosquito net tent things.....wowza. However with all of the scary stuff aside I am so so glad and grateful to be going on this amazing journey that I am sure will be the adventure of a lifetime. I can't wait.

-XOXO-

1 comment:

  1. You are right Anne, it will be hard. I think it is good that you realize this before you go so you don't get overwhelmed on your first day. But do you know what, hard things make you stronger. AND if you will make sure you keep charging your "phone" you will have all the help and support you need!!!!!!!! That is what will help you have the confidence you need and give you the inspiration you need on what to do and how to teach and also keep you safe in your traveling during vacation time. Decide now what you will do to keep up your charge spiritually!

    ReplyDelete