So haha since I've forgotten to post for like weeks at a time, I'm sort of combining two ideas in one. They are sort of related to each other...ish.
Lately I have been getting a lot of practice with this. I have two friends who have depression and have been having a hard time recently. Twice this week two different people have called me and asked me to come over because they were in a really bad place. I went over of course and talked through things with them and tried to make things better.Afterwords I really felt like I had done something important and made a difference in their lives, at least for that day. I feel like it's a really important thing to notice when someone is going through a hard time and to try help them. I know I try really hard to cheer people up and make them feel valued and loved, hopefully I can accomplish that, if nothing else. Basically pay it forward.
On the other hand. Always being the one who is always there for people can be so exhausting.Not that I would ever ever regret helping somebody on a dark day in their life but lately I've realized something about myself in terms of interacting with my friends. I am a pushover. I am a follower. I will do anything to make someone else happy, even if I'm not. I don't stand up for myself. I avoid confrontation whenever I can. I am a really great friend, I will spend hours upon hours listening to your life drama and ask nothing in return. I am really good at listening and giving advice. I don't really fully understand if this is a good or a bad thing about me.Because of this I always end up getting to know people really well really fast but I don't think anyone ever gets to know me. I think it might be a bad thing. I feel as if my whole life especially in terms of friends I have always been the stable one who is always there for the other person no matter what. I sometimes feel like my friendships are one sided, I mean don't get me wrong, I love my friends and we have so much fun together and I wouldn't trade them for anything but I feel like I am always the one listening and never speaking. Honestly there is absolutely no one in this whole world who I feel like I can talk to about anything, and that makes me feel really sad and lonely sometimes. I think it is definitely a flaw of mine, I feel like whenever I talk about myself I am being selfish or something. I definitely have my selfish moments but I've realized that talking about my thoughts and feelings should not be something I feel selfish doing. What is wrong with me? Why can't I just speak without worrying all the time? I mean I've always known this about myself but I've realized that I HATE it. I just want to be the kind of person that can blab on and on about themselves for hours at a time without realizing that they are annoying. Well ok maybe not that kind of person exactly but I just wish I felt like I could talk to someone. I have a lifetime of feelings and thoughts that are just stuck floating around my head with nowhere to go. I just feel like no one is interested so I always push the conversation towards the other person. Anyway....just something I've been thinking about recently. Maybe now that I'm really aware of this fact I can consciously just try to not do...all that ^.
Just thoughts. I will probably read this back over in a month and think I was being silly but for now this is how I'm feeling.
-XOXO-


Oh Anne! I wish you could come live with me so we can just talk about only YOU for as long as you need to. Please know you can call me or message me or email me whenever you want to just talk about YOU. I would love to hear all about those ideas floating in your head. I would love to be the one to be there for you, all the time, every time. Know that I pray for you. I miss you. I want you to be happy. And I am sorry for repeating this, but there is someone you can tell everything to....your Heavenly Father. I know that is a lot harder than a friend sitting by you because most of the time you don't get that immediate response or advice. But you can get comfort and direction and a response you need though it will come on the Lord's timing. So if prayers are hard, please please please message me or call me WHENEVER YOU WANT TO! I love you so much. Thank you for writing on your blog. I LOVE the cute bird background by the way :) You are the sunshine in my life. Let me be a bit of sunshine in yours. You are worth it.
ReplyDelete