Thursday, November 5, 2015

Why-fi???

Believe it or not this is the first time since I have been in China that the wifi has let me post on here because sadly you need a VPN for blogger and while yes I have a VPN sadly the VPN needs a certain internet quality to actually do anything. So the wifi has been a constant struggle but lets just say I'm not addicted to technology anymore! I guess thats a good thing huh?

China has been everything I ever dreamed of and more. I have learned so much about myself and what I can handle and the world and life in general. I love China. I love Asia! Theres just something about this country that is just really really great. We got here and teaching was super super SUPER rocky at first because of having a new coordinator and principal who had never dealt with ILP before but we eventually got that all figured out and I have been teaching cute 3rd graders and adorable preschoolers. I love the kids so much, honestly I don't know how I am going to leave them I just want to take them all home with me! And somehow I am 100% sure that Chinese kids are the cutest kids in the world. I also love being "Teacha Andaliese" haha. I definitely feel like such an inadequate teacher but I'm doing the best I can with what training I got. It's crazy, while over here I have met so many people who come to live in China as permanent english teachers. They say its a great life traveling this beautiful country and teaching adorable kids and I can see how amazing that kind of existence would be. I almost think that I would like to consider that for my life but who knows. I love Ningbo too, this school campus is beautiful and its fun living in the same place as the kids so we get to see them all the time. The food is a real downside its kind of really really gross. I mean rice is good.... well not good but edible. Lunch is sometimes ok but dinner is always squishy mystery meat...no thank you China. Our apartment is nice, very roomy and light and open. The girls I am living with, Breanna, Anna, Mackenzie, Ashlyn, Kelsey, Kelsey and Kaila and Mikala (obviously) and all pretty great 97% of the time. We have had such great times together. It definitely gets hard sometimes because we literally cannot get a break from one another but no one has killed each other yet so thats good.

Traveling China has been the greatest thing obviously. We went to Beijing and Yangshuo on our long vacation in October. I am going to eventually do blog posts about that trip because it needs to be documented but it needs to be when I can upload all the amazing pictures I took. We went to Shanghai once at the beginning and now we are going again tomorrow for a four day weekend. China is seriously so so beautiful.

I can't believe we only have 40 days left before we go home, the time here goes faster I swear. It's weird I feel like this has just been a much needed 4 month break from regular life. I'm scared to go back and have to get back in the swing of things, i.e. school and job and all that stressful stuff. Can I just stay in China forever?? Please??

No comments:

Post a Comment