Thursday, January 16, 2014

Big City Dreams

If you know me, you know that I am basically obsessed with living in a big wonderful city someday. I thought I would just fangirl about that some more today. I mean really, look ^ at that picture, doesn't it make you want to live there and never leave. I can't even think about living there without getting seriously excited. I have no idea where this love for cities started, actually scratch that, I think it was in Berlin. 
Or maybe Paris?
Or maybe it was London or St. Petersburg or Prague or Rome or Barcelona or Florence or DC.
I don't know, I can't really say, but I do know that this love of cities has grown through the years, and now it is not just a want, it is a need. I absolutely need to live in a city. Yes, I do realize that actually living in a city is different than visiting it and that there are pros and cons to anywhere. I just read someone's blog about how moving to NYC stacked up to their expectations; if you want you can read that here. BUT, I still want to live there. I just want to try it out, maybe it will suck, maybe it will majorly disappoint me, but maybe it will be everything I hope for. You just never know until you try...right? 
Right now I am promising myself that I will live in a city someday. Maybe it will only be for a year or maybe 50 years who knows, but I am going to do it no matter what. It will happen. 



2 comments:

  1. San Antonio has a population of, what, 1.3 million? Does that not count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It so does not count. I'm talking skyscrapers and subways and apartments. This is just lots and lots of suburbia.

    ReplyDelete